Talk about imparting sex education to children and you are bound to get clashing viewpoints from people no matter where you are in the world. The term is actually quite a broad one used to describe teachings about human sexual anatomy, sexual reproduction, sexual intercourse and other aspects related to human sexual behavior.
Importance of Sex Education for Teens
- Youngsters usually derive information on sex and related subjects from sources like friends, books, the media comprising advertising, television, magazines and the Internet. The problem is that these sources may or may not really provide them correct and accurate information. As such, sex education will help in transferring authentic info and in the process also correct any misinformation that they may have apart from adding to their already existing knowledge.
- Sex education imparted through schools can prove to be a significant and effective method of bettering the youngster’s sex-related knowledge, attitude and behavior.
- Sex education in school is important because many parents are shy about talking / teaching their children on this subject.
- Educating children on sex related issues also requires one to know how to broach the subject, what information to impart and what to hold back. All these can be carefully handled by a trained sex educator.
- It is a fact that more and more teens these days are engaging into premarital sex. This further underscores the need for sex education to students. This will help them make better informed decisions about their personal sexual activities.
- Many argue that sex education also helps to lessen risk behaviors in teenagers like engaging in unprotected sex which result in unwanted pregnancies and STDs.
The duration for the program is one and half hour, which includes one hour for the training and next half hour is the question answer session, wherein the Students can clear all their queries.